• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Are you friends with Jrue or what?

Did I miss something?
For the last time

I was the only person here who thought the trade for him was a good one, because at that time, no one knew he had medical issues, except the sixers, but that aside, assuming they were getting a healthy player in the deal, they needed a starting pg to pair with AD, and imo, no rookie they drafted was going to fill that void with immediate roi.

Everyone else thought they were stupid to trade nerlens and the two 1st rd picks for Jrue.

So to answer your question, yes.

Reel

Community Liaison
No bait to be taken. He asked how this got started. I'm not upset or anything. If anything, I'm explaining myself too much to y'all

zoltan

So you feel as though since you were an advocate for him since the get go, you have somewhat of a connection with him.

NML

We still talking bout Jrue? It was a bad trade, only the homer-ist of the homers would think otherwise.

Best of luck to him and Lauren doe. She's definitely the better athlete at their respective sports.

Reel

Community Liaison
We or at least I was off Jrue. Zoltan asked a question, I answered. Everyone moved along.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Uhhhhh Denver?

iooIdVt.png

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Trust the process. Everyone looks good in highlights, but this kid could be special.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
The Moose will find a way to fuck him up or he going to become the next Sam Bowie/Greg Oden. :thumbsup:

Been cursed ever since they traded Moses Malone for Jeff Ruland with a few seasons of entertainment from Iverson mixed in.

sayo

YEET
Fuck yeah. We're back:djscripclub:

Shitty predictions cause work is boring rn.

West
1 gs
2 lac
3 sa
4 por
5 hou
6 uta
7 okc
8 min

East
1 cle
2 bos
3 tor
4 who
5 gives
6 a
7 shit
8?

West finals
Gs over lac in 5

East finals
Cleveland over Boston in 6

Finals
Gs in 5 or 6

Mvp
Bron but Lillard is my dark horse if cavs coast and blazers peak over 50 wins and get a top 3 spot (Homer pick)

Roy
No clue. The kid that can't shoot is hurt.

Coy
Kerr even though his team is stacked

Brick

Is this like when people pretended Serge Ibaka was as valuable as FEAR DA BEARD? Hopefully Adams will average 10 and 8 this year!

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
At the time Ibaka was more valuable to rhubarb (not necessarily the league). He didn't have a redundant skill set like Harden and was willing to accept the role that he was given. Harden wanted to be on the level of RUSS and Durant but there's still only one ball to go around.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Is this like when people pretended Serge Ibaka was as valuable as FEAR DA BEARD? Hopefully Adams will average 10 and 8 this year!
Saw The Ringer had a OMG GUYS! HOW IS STEVEN ADAMS SO GOOD? article

It's takes a ton of skill to be tall, able to dunk the ball and hustle.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Don't bother. That's the narrative, and they're stickin' to it.

It wouldn't have worked out long term with Harden regardless. Either he wasn't going to get paid enough or he wasn't going to get the ball enough. Not a narrative. That's how he is.

The real question is if it would been worth it short term to re-sign Harden and trade Ibaka and do as best they could in those couple of years before he wanted out.

doh

No the truth is the billionaire OKC owners cried poor and they made a panic trade.

If OKC wins title(s), Harden is cool with a 3rd wheel role.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Call it "crying poor" if you want, I don't care. The fact is keeping both Harden and Ibaka for max deals was never on the table. Both were offered substantial raises. Ibaka accepted his and Harden didn't, so he was traded.

doh

They didn't want to pay a lux tax. They didn't offer someone who finished runner up last year for MVP a max deal. They could've kept both under the rules of the NBA cap.

Last edited: