• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It is in some people's world. Not in the rhubarb front office. They did what they thought was the most prudent thing at the time. I'm sure if they could go back, knowing what they know now, they might do things differently. Or they might not.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Also, regarding Adams, I think he can go for 15 and 9-10 this year. Not exceptional numbers, but given the lack of legit centers in the league today, it's easy to see why some writers are hyping him up. Plus he's just FUN.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
One of my favorite sports feuds :laughing::

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...trash-city-cleveland-opener-article-1.2844442

CLEVELAND — Famous Cleveland denigrator Joakim Noah couldn't resist throwing a little shade on one of the biggest sports nights in the city's history.

The Knicks center who once declared, "Cleveland really sucks" and "every time I look out my hotel window, it's depressing," was asked Tuesday if he saw any irony in being in the building for the Cavaliers' ring ceremony.

His answer drew a few chuckles.

"I don't think it's ironic," he said. "Congratulations to Cleveland. Even though it's not a vacation spot, you guys got your championship."

Cleveland and, to a larger degree, LeBron James, have tortured Noah and Derrick Rose throughout their careers, with King James knocking out the Bulls from four of their last six playoff appearances. During one of those series defeats — when James was still in his first go-around with the Cavs — Noah expressed his unfavorable feelings toward the Ohio city.

"I don't know about this place, man," he said in 2010. "I just stayed in my hotel room. Every time I look out my windows, it's pretty depressing here, man. It's bad. It's bad. No — no going out in Cleveland, man. It's all factories."

There was a new part of that Cleveland landscape Tuesday — an ice sculpture of James' head facing an erected sign reading, "The Land." It stood in between the basketball and baseball venues, which are separated by only a few hundred feet.

The Cleveland pride was overflowing Tuesday — with drunken revelry stretching for blocks in the afternoon — but the Knicks wanted no part of it.

Despite the ring ceremony occurring about 30 minutes before tipoff, the Knicks decided to spend that time in the locker room. Coach Jeff Hornacek, who two days earlier said he wanted the players to witness the ring celebration for motivation, indicated Tuesday the veterans weren't keen on watching a coronation.

"Sometimes it helps (to watch), sometimes they just want to ignore it," Hornacek said. "Maybe it's good for some of the young guys to see it. The old guys are like, 'I don't want to watch that.' It's whatever their choice. I think most of our guys prefer just to get ready and focused for the game."

Noah stuck around the longest for the Knicks, shooting free throws as the lights dimmed and the video tribute started on Cleveland's Humongotron. But he eventually left the court, and the Knicks missed a raucous celebration highlighted by the reception for a teary-eyed James.

"When this is all over and that banner goes up, there's really only one thing left to do: Repeat," Cavs owner Dan Gilbert told the crowd.

While the passing years haven't changed Noah's mind about the city of Cleveland, Rose has learned to respect the dominance of James and his six consecutive NBA Finals appearances. His stranglehold on the Eastern Conference has adversely affected the careers of Rose, Noah and Carmelo Anthony, because they can''t clear the James hurdle in their primes.

Together with Kristaps Porzingis, they're going to give it another run as big underdogs.

"LeBron's a great in this league, someone who accomplished a lot and, if anything, we can't go around him, we have to go through him," Rose said. "So it's great we have him the first game around and get a chance to see where we're at."

zoltan

Let's not compare Richard Jefferson to Elton Brand. That fool RJ put in some work last year in the playoffs lest we forget.

evil1

I think GSW got caught up reading their own press clippings. Not in terms of how good they are, but everything about GSW has been about their offense. You can't win championships giving up 129 pts a game.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I think the Warriors are going to miss Bogut more than they realize. When healthy (and he is good for missing 20-30 games a year) he is a real rim protector inside (so was Festus to some degree).

The Spurs scored inside at will last with little resistance. Spurs are better than last year with Gasol taking over for Duncan, and the Spurs being the Spurs, have resurrected another D-League type guy into a legit 6th man of the year candidate in Simmons.

No need to panic, but it's not going to be a cakewalk in the West for the Warriors.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Man, if you thought Thudner fans were insufferable before, just wait.

14725479_10104439228227937_5064803450931400542_n.jpg

evil1

If RUSS drops 40+ pts and gets a triple double, I think I will call bullshit on his assertion that he didn't watch any of the games last night. RUSS could kill someone tonight. I'm looking at you Embiid.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
If RUSS drops 40+ pts and gets a triple double, I think I will call bullshit on his assertion that he didn't watch any of the games last night. RUSS could kill someone tonight. I'm looking at you Embiid.

I wonder if he'll get draft kings points if he kills someone.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
AD, 24pts in the first half with 3 min to go
Neglected to mention that the Pelicans are down to the Nuggets at home. The Nuggets!

It'd be nice if the Nuggets were worth a shit, I'd probably go to the games

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Neglected to mention that the Pelicans are down to the Nuggets at home. The Nuggets!

It'd be nice if the Nuggets were worth a shit, I'd probably go to the games
Well they were shooting 60% at one point. A lot of roster turnover for the Pels so it's not a surprise defensive assignments and communication need improvement.

Also at one point, Denver seemed to just be throwing shit towards the goal and it was falling lol. They played a damn near perfect half. The ghost of jameer Nelson scored like 12 straight or something lol

Soonerfan09

Nervous af lol. I was kinda expecting this tbh.
I think it's going to take a while for him to really settle in. Has his ball handling improved at all and does his still look completely lost on defense?
No one will ever out hustle him though, that's for sure. And I bet he could play an entire game without rest if he had to (which he probably won't ever have to, not for a long time anyway).

I should get to watch them play the Warriors on Friday. Pels now my number two team until Buddy gets traded or cut.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I think it's going to take a while for him to really settle in. Has his ball handling improved at all and does his still look completely lost on defense?
No one will ever out hustle him though, that's for sure. And I bet he could play an entire game without rest if he had to (which he probably won't ever have to, not for a long time anyway).

I should get to watch them play the Warriors on Friday. Pels now my number two team until Buddy gets traded or cut.
He's doing rookie things. One game isn't a great sample to assess his defense but he's held Murray in check. I don't think Murray has even scored.

Offensively, he just has to get comfortable not having the ball all the time

Soonerfan09

He's doing rookie things. One game isn't a great sample to assess his defense but he's held Murray in check. I don't think Murray has even scored.

Offensively, he just has to get comfortable not having the ball all the time
He is (or was at OU) a pretty good on-ball defender, but he would have some Harden moments when the ball was away from him.
Again, when he was at OU (I only got to see a couple of his summer league games and one preseason game) he didn't handle the ball all that much. Cousins was the primary ball handler and Buddy really only handled it when driving or trying to create his own shot. He was very good at moving without the ball and coming off of screens though. And he will almost always be open after an offensive rebound.