• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

sayo

YEET
But of course their intentions were the same. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm just saying the teams they joined and the players they ended up with aren't even close. GS was already one of the best teams ever and they added a top 3 player in his prime lol.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
2nd best SG in the game at the time doesn't mean anything. We can play that game.

Steph- best pg in the game. 2 time MVP in his prime.
Klay- top 3 sg and one of the best defensive wing players in the league. Top 3 shooter ever. In his prime.
Draymond- best pf in the league (ad is a center)and most versatile defender in the league.

LOL 2nd best NBA 2G means something doesn't it? I mean that is pretty GD good. Or am I taking crazy pills? I love Curry, but he isn't in the same league defensively as Wade was at that time.

IMO Wade was the best 2G at the time Lebron joined. He was All-NBA 1st or 2nd team 4 times prior to Lebron joining.

In the interest of wrapping this up:

- I do agree Durant joined a better situation
- I disagree that Lebron joined a team full of scrubs.
- They both did the same thing essentially (left their original situation to join a better one)
- push on whether GSW minus Durant is better than the Lebron Heat.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
KD's original situation was also way better than LeBron's. LeBron never had anyone like Harden and RUSS when he dragged the Cavs' asses to the Finals and he didn't have anyone like RUSS when he left either.

I think the Heat beat the Warriors, doe, considering LeBron won two games against them with guys like Dellavedova and Mosgov.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Prime Wade isn't on Steph's level. Period. The Wade LeBron played with was post prime anyway.

Agree to disagree. 2 different players to compare IMO.

Wade was a slasher and a better defender.

Curry has terrific vision and crazy range.

I wouldn't say one is definitively better than the other. If we are going to play the "rings game" Wade won one by himself, one with Shaq and two with Lebron. Curry will probably get there, but as you noted he has more help so he can't be as good as Wade (I don't really believe that).

Last edited:

MSUFanatic

Agree to disagree. 2 different players to compare IMO.

Wade was a slasher and a better defender.

Curry has terrific vision and crazy range.

I wouldn't say one is definitively better than the other. If we are going to play the "rings game" Wade won one by himself, one with Shaq and two with Lebron. Curry will probably get there, but as you noted he has more help so he can't be as good as Wade (I don't really believe that).

I'll go ahead and say Wade was a much better player than Curry. I'd think most would agree with that sans Sayo.

sayo

YEET
Steph just had one of the best offensive seasons of all time and has been a consensus top 5 player for 3 years. 2 time MVP (has waids even been a legit candidate?), and has led the NBA in plus/minus 2 of the last 3 years. Am I being trapped? What is this?:laughing:

NML

Steve Nash has two MVPs, but I'm taking a lot of players over him (Wade included)

Plus/minus isn't a huge deal because of the team he's on

evil1

Player A
30.1 pts/game, 5.4 rebs, 6.7 assists (age 27)
23.8 pts/game, 4.3 rebs, 7.7 assists (age 26)

Player B
30.2 pts/game, 5.0 rebs, 7.2 assists (age 28)
26.6 pts/game, 4.8 rebs, 6.5 assists (age 27)

This is Steph Curry the two years before Durant joined, and Dwyane Wade the two years before LeBron joined
They seem pretty comparable to me.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
i think people are in awe at how Curry gets his points

i mean, 30ppg is 30ppg, unless your that bitch harden that gets 20 of them at the FT line...then fuck that

sayo

YEET
Player A

Player B

This is Steph Curry the two years before Durant joined, and Dwyane Wade the two years before LeBron joined
Percentages? I'm on mobile.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
my point is and remains, why are people angry in the first damn place?

Because he is the 2nd best player in the league and joined a 73 win team. So for the next 2 years we know who wins and that they'll probably steam roll without any sort of "they might lose moment". The only way they lose is if 2 of their big 4 get hurt

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
yeah, the lack of parity and competition in the NBA is killing my interest. can we convert rhubarb into an NHL team? asking for me

Reel

Community Liaison
Because he is the 2nd best player in the league and joined a 73 win team. So for the next 2 years we know who wins and that they'll probably steam roll without any sort of "they might lose moment". The only way they lose is if 2 of their big 4 get hurt

so?

he was a free agent

dudes get released and traded in sports all the time with very little say so in their destinations

Durant played within the rules and chose his spot

more power to that man

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
so?

he was a free agent

dudes get released and traded in sports all the time with very little say so in their destinations

Durant played within the rules and chose his spot

more power to that man

You are one of those unicorns that just cannot process the thoughts of other people :laughing:

People like competitiveness, he left a team that had the Warriors down 3-1 and joined the warriors to get an easy ship. That rubs people the wrong way, which apparently you just can't understand. Had he gone to Boston, Spurs, Wizards, anywhere but the Warriors he would not have been hated by anyone except the dumb Thudner fans for a few months. Then they'd get over it too.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
He will not get re-upped. They're all getting max money, you can't have 4. Unless they all take less and Klay leaves a max offer on the table to stay.
You can go over the cap/tax to re-sign guys already on your team if you do it right mechanically... Warriors owners aren't billionaires who cry poor (after stealing a team from Seattle) so I think they'll be OK.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You can go over the cap/tax to re-sign guys already on your team if you do it right mechanically... Warriors owners aren't billionaires who cry poor (after stealing a team from Seattle) so I think they'll be OK.

$440m a year? We'll see.

doh

Player A

Player B

(ignoring Steph shot 20 points better from the field and over 100 points better from 3 point land with less turnovers)

Reel

Community Liaison
You are one of those unicorns that just cannot process the thoughts of other people :laughing:

People like competitiveness, he left a team that had the Warriors down 3-1 and joined the warriors to get an easy ship. That rubs people the wrong way, which apparently you just can't understand. Had he gone to Boston, Spurs, Wizards, anywhere but the Warriors he would not have been hated by anyone except the dumb Thudner fans for a few months. Then they'd get over it too.

i dont understand it

i really dont

had he gone out east, he would've had to beat lebron just to get to the finals then what...ultimately lose to the warriors?

if he goes anywhere else in the west, then you have to fight the warriors just to get to the finals to possibly lose to the cavs?

im just not that invested b/c those same people would've loved for KD to sign to "their" team

faux outrage is still faux

doh

$440m a year? We'll see.
Cap is going up and they'll cycle through role players to keep tax down.

Biggest problem for Warriors now is Iggy gone (unless they're going to break the bank for a 33-year old which I doubt) and Livingston is about to get way more expensive. They'll need some more West, Zaza vets want a ring types plus McGee reclamation projects. Need McCaw/Clark to play bigger minutes too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
i dont understand it

i really dont

had he gone out east, he would've had to beat lebron just to get to the finals then what...ultimately lose to the warriors?

if he goes anywhere else in the west, then you have to fight the warriors just to get to the finals to possibly lose to the cavs?

im just not that invested b/c those same people would've loved for KD to sign to "their" team

faux outrage is still faux

Wat. You don't understand why people would think it's a bitch move to blow a 3-1 lead to the Warriors and then join them that offseason after the Warriors had just set an NBA record for 73 wins?

You probably think playing on rookie mode in 2k is the same as all star, but I can't help you with that. Nobody is saying he doesn't have the right to do what he did, nobody said he did anything illegal, people just said he plays on rookie

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Cap is going up and they'll cycle through role players to keep tax down.

Biggest problem for Warriors now is Iggy gone (unless they're going to break the bank for a 33-year old which I doubt) and Livingston is about to get way more expensive. They'll need some more West, Zaza vets want a ring types plus McGee reclamation projects. Need McCaw/Clark to play bigger minutes too.

I trust Lowe more than you