• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
He really was, but it's tough to get noticed when you play your prime years on a team that starts Sebastian Telfair and Marko Jaric and follow that up with playing in Salt Lake City. :laughing:
I mean that team had Corey “The Drunken Dribbler” and former NBA champion Mark Madsen. What more do you need?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
He really was, but it's tough to get noticed when you play your prime years on a team that starts Sebastian Telfair and Marko Jaric and follow that up with playing in Salt Lake City. :laughing:
And then Charlotte. Bad career moves.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
What kind of soup I wonder? If it was a consommé or a wonton no biggie, but if it was a creamy chowder or broccoli cheese...damn

NML

Well first off, you complained he was on the list at all, not his standings on there. Second, while it’s so tough to compare that generation with everyone else because of the conditions of the league, Cousy is the weirdest person to pick out because of his resume

All-Star every year he played (13 years)
MVP in ‘57
Ten straight All-NBA first teams
Lead the NBA in assist eight straight years
Six time champ

He completely he reinvented the PG position AND he founded the player’s association (the first in all of sports)

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
they are saying he is the 37th (going off the top of my head) best player out of 100. That jumped out to me almost immediately for some reason.

There was no criteria for which these people were listed. If they were taking all of the things you mentioned into consideration (which we dont actually know if they did), then you make a case for at least somewhere on the list, not top 50 though, imo, however, to my other point, Giannis is on there and AD isnt.

Now, I would REALLY like to know (not really) how they came to that conclusion

but i do agree 1000% with you that it tough to compare generations when rules, court dimensions, etc... were vastly different

But i dont wanna get into a back and forth w/ you about this though b/c i think this list is doing what they wanted and thats to generate a discussion to generate clicks.

evil1

Kobe did have one of the better quips of the evening: "I mean, as basketball players, we are really supposed to shut up and dribble. But I am glad we do a little bit more than that."

evil1

I think Lillard hit 5 straight 3 pointers at the end of the 4th quarter to pull out the victory.

b3839a9df8340c21f409e2fea64d3ece.jpg

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Flipped over to see some of Harden during intermission of the Preds game. Fucking Nate Robinson is terrible as an announcer.