• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You are crazy man. He is having his best year as a pro. I've seen him make plays and throws this year that look like Aaron Rodgers. He has taken so much shit over the years, but he is playing great right now.

Look at this shit:

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{thead}
{tr}
{td=20x@}Year{/td}
{td=140x@}Team{/td}
{td}G{/td}
{td}Att{/td}
{td}Comp{/td}
{td}Pct{/td}
{td}Att/G{/td}
{td}Yds{/td}
{td}Avg{/td}
{td}Yds/G{/td}
{td}TD{/td}
{td}TD%{/td}
{td}Int{/td}
{td}Int%{/td}
{td}Lng{/td}
{td}20+{/td}
{td}40+{/td}
{td}Sck{/td}
{td}SckY{/td}
{td}Rate{/td}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}2017{/td}
{td}Kansas City Chiefs{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}228{/td}
{td}165{/td}
{td}72.4{/td}
{td}32.6{/td}
{td}1,979{/td}
{td}8.7{/td}
{td}282.7{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}6.6{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0.0{/td}
{td}78T{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}135{/td}
{td}120.5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yards is like the least important stat a qb can have FYI. That's why I scoffed at your initial hot take.

CJ_24

You are crazy man. He is having his best year as a pro. I've seen him make plays and throws this year that look like Aaron Rodgers. He has taken so much shit over the years, but he is playing great right now.

Look at this shit:

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{thead}
{tr}
{td=20x@}Year{/td}
{td=140x@}Team{/td}
{td}G{/td}
{td}Att{/td}
{td}Comp{/td}
{td}Pct{/td}
{td}Att/G{/td}
{td}Yds{/td}
{td}Avg{/td}
{td}Yds/G{/td}
{td}TD{/td}
{td}TD%{/td}
{td}Int{/td}
{td}Int%{/td}
{td}Lng{/td}
{td}20+{/td}
{td}40+{/td}
{td}Sck{/td}
{td}SckY{/td}
{td}Rate{/td}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}2017{/td}
{td}Kansas City Chiefs{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}228{/td}
{td}165{/td}
{td}72.4{/td}
{td}32.6{/td}
{td}1,979{/td}
{td}8.7{/td}
{td}282.7{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}6.6{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.0{/td}
{td}78T{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}135{/td}
{td}120.5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

I have not seen those throws. Maybe I'm grading on the wrong curve because I'm used to watching a QB who can actually hit his receivers in stride. Maybe compared to Blake Bortles, Alex Smith is an all-world qb. But as I've outlined, I think he throws ducks and puts his receivers in a bad positions because of those ducks.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I like how it took Carr 16 more attempts than Smith to get to 75 yards, but CJ neglected to even mention that

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I have not seen those throws. Maybe I'm grading on the wrong curve because I'm used to watching a QB who can actually hit his receivers in stride. Maybe compared to Blake Bortles, Alex Smith is an all-world qb. But as I've outlined, I think he throws ducks and puts his receivers in a bad positions because of those ducks.
Look at this shit, fucking money.

CJ_24

He underthrew him, the ball hit Wilson's helmet. That's almost exactly what I'm talking about, he can't get the ball to his wideouts in a good position. If he hadn't sucked the defense in by rolling out, the safety would have rotated over and knocked Wilson's head off.

It's a nice play, and it's not a bad throw, but it's not a great throw. When the window gets smaller and he needs to make a better throw, he doesn't. That's why he leads receivers out of bounds on routine out-routes, that's why gets people killed on seam routes, and why Kelce gets drilled over the middle, it seems, at least twice a game.

bruin

KC won some crazy games last season—@ATL @Car, @ Den. Finally went against them last night.

It’s apples to oranges with Alex Smith. Dudes have a career year yeah, but all you had to do was watch the Pitt game last week to see why Kansas City will never win the big game under him.

Last night with a chance to put the game away on 3rd and 4 he had a clean pocket to step up and deliver a throw or run for the first down and he felt some pressure and put his head down and took the sack. It is what it is. Andy got his guy in Mahomes.

Tyreek Hill sure is looking like a bonafide WR1 tho. Steve Smith comps are looking more true by the week.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
To me it is just stupid to criticize him when he is having his best year ever and there are about 50 other horrible fucking NFL qb's to worry about before you get to him.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Too bad KC's line couldn't hold out a 3 man pass rush for longer than 1.5 seconds on that 3rd and 4.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Alex Smith is having a really good year. However, the counting stats are a bit misleading in relation to what CJ was saying. These are Next Gen Stats provided by the NFL:

He's still 24th in the NFL in air yards per attempt.
He's 25th in air yards to sticks.
He's 12th in the league in time to throw (the highest in his career).

You can argue that his o-line and supporting cast are better than they've ever been, but I'm not so certain he isn't the same dude. All credit to him for having a phenomenal season, doe.

-YTC

kingssc

Smith should've known it was coming after watching Fisher get demolished earlier.

n78iggscl1oqckvslr8h.gif

Bdub

Seems stupid to knit pick Alex when he is easily a top 5 QB in the league playing behind an awful line, limited weapons and a terrible defense. What the fuck do you want from him? It's not his fault the defense gave up an 80 yard drive against a team that hasn't even won a game until yesterday.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Seems stupid to knit pick Alex when he is easily a top 5 QB in the league playing behind an awful line, limited weapons and a terrible defense. What the fuck do you want from him? It's not his fault the defense gave up an 80 yard drive against a team that hasn't even won a game until yesterday.
Thefuck.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The Bears D has been decent at times this season. Nice change of pace after the last 5.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Titans beat Cleveland 12-9 in OT.

That exotic smashmouth offense sure was looking good yesterday. Thank goodness the WS starts tomorrow. I can't watch anymore bad football and my god I have seen enough to last a lifetime this year.

R2D2

saints 4-0 since the 0-2 start

At this point, they're probably gonna win the souf. Falcons need to fire Sark because the offense he is running is awful. Panthers/Bucs look like they'll be in the 6-10/8-8 range.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
At this point, they're probably gonna win the souf. Falcons need to fire Sark because the offense he is running is awful. Panthers/Bucs look like they'll be in the 6-10/8-8 range.
They are definitely starting to click defensively. Defense still isn't as good as the SB run team but they are actually competent and not getting gashed like they've gotten in the past

Cam Jordan is a beast

Surprisingly, mant'i has been decent. Nothing notable anything like that but he's been a solid pickup.

CJ_24

The Saints clicked defensively because Mike McCarthy's head is filled with cheeseburgers not a brain.