• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Copy of Larry Culpepper Golden Wax Vagina Trophy Championship - Ohio State v. Oregon

Brick

Hill
would be a bigger loss because no apparent depth behind seisay. Fuuuuuu

no excuses play like a shampship. Tosu is on third QB. Oregons third QB? Lol

but really, Oregon has robo QB. That is the trump card. If he plays like he can they wont lose.

The D is going to give up yards anyway. Just like they did against flazz. And sil won by 40.

Tosu is the more talented team even with erryone healthy. All hail robo QB and bucker/armstead

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'd say I'd rather play Oregon at full strength... but I'd be a damn dirty liar. I'm not above rooting for a non-fatal bus crash on the way to the game. :thumbsup:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oregon's third QB? Oregon's 2nd QB could barely handle the snap in mop up duty for Mariota last week, lol. I actually figured it was just some 9th year senior they were giving reps to for the hell of it.

Brick

Kind of. I'd guess the two guys they are redshirting are a lot better. It's like Darron Thomas' last year where Bennett was the backup and Mariota redshirted behind him. Except Bennett was decent.

If Mariota gets hurt they definitely play Lockie doe.

No need to waste a year of eligibility when you don't have to give a backup meaningful snaps.

bruin

you'd think Carrington had impregnated Helfrich's daughter. Then gave her the Ray Rice treatment the way David Pollack is treating this.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
pretty sure pollack is a southern baptist teetotaler so that pretty much explains it

Mame YO

slings rocks
Those smug fucks better not bring the wrath of the ju ju down on da ducks

im still convinced my smugness was the sole reason Oregon lost in 2010. And I cried. I cried like when jack (Tyler) cried into Robert paulson's bitch tits. It was a liberating experience, for sure. And I never thought they'd have another chance - yet here we are. I once was lost, but now I'm found. Oh I believe in ju ju. Don't you?

Brick

I think Oregon will lose, the more i think about it. Hate being the favorite. Dat shoulder chip.

I feel like big mong QB will play well.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'm also worried. Can't discount the rash of injuries/suspensions.. Mariota missing his favorite targets, whom he's built chemistry with, etc, shouldn't be discounted. Especially with tOSU's defensive pass efficiency numbers.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I hope they run period. If they run the ball and at least somewhat stop the run, they win. I'm sure Oregon will run fine, it's stopping Elliot that could prove difficult IMO.

Brick

Watching the rose bowl possessions for prolly the 10th time makes me less concerned. Stanford, lowe, baylis, nelson were on the field together a lot. Carringtons tds/big catches were due to scheme more than skill. Wide open stuff. Not to take away from him because he's been great. Thankfully wr is a deep position.

Just worried about tosu getting in the backfield. Flazzu didn't stop shit but they were too arrogant to force his self yo get into shape for the tempo. Tosu won't have that problem.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Honestly, the UO smugness seems totally universal, everyone seems to say the same thing. Even bama has some humble fans

Brick

Also my roommate, whom I once had to call an amberlamps for because I found him in a pool of blood in the floor because he chugged a fifth of crown and decided to carve a tic-tac-toe board on his shoulder with a pocket knife (he also branded crosses on both his tits which were infected for a full year), said he had a drunken night with jamarcus inq hot tub (?) and jamarcus was spewing all types of shit about betting on lsu games.

Brick

COME AT MR JTOTHERO.

that is the only interesting thing I've ever encountered.

He now has 3 kids and is oil rich because he is some kind of underwater drilling savant.

He pole vaulted at lsu for the year I lived with him. Always trying to provenhisself to his bro who is in MD/phd program and I also roomed with.

Funnest year of ma'life

bruin

AM excite for tomorrow night. This thread can get good. look at the NFL thread today.

Christ, I see they have Trent Dilfer in Arlington.

on Jameis and Mariota

"I'M NOT A FAN OF EITHER OF THESE QB'S, BECAUSE I CAN'T BE A FAN OF EITHER OF THESE QB'S".

the fuck?

zoltan

wow hard to believe that was a year ago already....

I think Oregon wins and wins big!! im be watching hype af either way and if we lose I probably will drown myself in occupying myself with perfecting a skill that I'll never use in the real world

Brick

i'm interested to see what tOSU's time management strategy on offense will be. will they try to match oregon's speed or be more deliberate? i'm thinking this has a lot to do with how their offense moves the ball early in the game.

personally i'd prefer for them to speed it up and that's why i think cardale jones may struggle.

on defense:

there's no way jones can keep playing this well, right? and i think the game comes down to him.

oregon should neutralize the RBs and force jones to run. a good game for oregon would be holding tOSU to somewhere around 200 yards rushing with lower YPC. they are familiar with the scheme, and while jones is a good runner, he is not going to pop the huge gains unless you don't account for him at all. i would much rather take my chances being burned by jones than elliott.

i don't see oregon getting burned by elliott quite as much as other teams have recently. i see them being familiar with the scheme and wanting the ball in jones' hands as much as possible. they will try and smother the RB on read plays i'm guessing.

i want the ball in jones' hands as much as possible.

oregon forces teams to pass the ball a lot. the only time an opponent has thrown fewer than 31 passes against them in any game this year was 26 in the pac-12 championship game. jones made big 3rd down passes against bama. oregon can't allow that. make him throw the ball.

on offense:

outside of turnovers, i think ohio state's best chance is smoking oregon's offensive line. with how well oregon's line has been playing lately, i don't see that happening. i think tOSU will probably do a better job than anyone oregon has played the latter part of the year, but will their big plays on D force turnovers or occur on third downs?

i am not worried about mariota throwing picks. i AM worried about him fumbling under pressure, which is probably his biggest weakness. if ohio state swarms early, i will be shitting my pants.

pick: oregon 42 ohio state 28

late TD to seal.

would not be surprised with pretty much any way this game ends up doe.

Lightningwar

Administrator
This game will come down to turnovers. Oregon leads the nation in turnover margin. They score a lot off those turnovers. If tOSU limits turnovers the game gets very interesting. if tOSU goes and turns the ball over it will be a debacle like FSU.
Also the 3rd qtr could play a big role in the game. MSU and FSU got rolled in that qtr. Scores came very fast and by the time Oregon slowed up on offense the game was over.

I think Oregon wins this one off creating turnovers again.

Oregon 42
tOSU 21

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Am also just hoping for a good game, since I'm actually all in on this playoff thing and will actually watch this one. I am sufficiently geographically removed from both flat brimmed skater bros of Oregon and library masturbators of Ohio State so neither fan base aggravates me on a daily basis, and at least neither of these teams is SEC West or FSU

Skeeter

Uber felon
Espn tells me Oregon averages 1 more play per game than osu, but osu can't handle ttat pac 12 temmmmmpppoooo

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Am lightningwar. I think teams hang with oregon for a half, get into halftime and consider it a win, and then get their doors blown off. It has to be mentally exhausting to defend at that level all game, and we know mental strength is not a strength of The Ohio State University.

39-24 oregon

Brick

Espn tells me Oregon averages 1 more play per game than osu, but osu can't handle ttat pac 12 temmmmmpppoooo
the narratives have to be something, i guess. also, oregon hasn't seen "the type of athlete" ohio state has on defense this year.

yawn at that stuff mang.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ohio State recruits as heavily from Florida as Florida State does, don't they? I mean, anyone claiming they haven't seen those athletes is plainly ignant

Brick

flazzu was sufficiently black. they were just too arrogant enough to think they didn't have to get in shape for the game.

joey bosa is white but is "AN SEC TYPE ATHLETE" because he is from florida. wat. that was a serious topic of conversation on espn last night.