• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Why does he look like he’s taking a massive shit
giphy.gif

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Weird, I thought figurehead coaches were supposed to be old dudes.

Is it a NCAA violstion if his son chooses FSU after his dad gets paid by FSU? Lol

Brick

hiring a person who doesn't corch to head corch footbaw would be a fucking disaster. basketball is relatively simple to jump into.

bruin

well, obviously.

the “he’d connect with today’s kids”. just screams hoops to me. AAU stuff.
Glazer even just reported his SOURCES there is serious talk.

Will cackle for days

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Hopefully HERM also didn't receive the memo sent to Pac12 coaches re: not beating the fuck out of the BABBY SEALS Trojans and Clay Helton's farewell tour continues.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Norvell seems like the obvious choice. I don't know if they can get him now, though.

If Memphis does lose Norvell, they should hire Kiffin

Renegade

Charge on!
Arkansas needs to scale their expectations way back.

It's tough. 3 Top 15 programs, Texas A&M (a peer job), and the two Mississippi schools that cheat their asses off. I think competing with A&M for 4th every year plus occasionally getting past 1 of the big 3 is a reasonable expectation. That is, basically being in the Top 25 and aiming around 9 wins an occasional bigger year. And an occasional worse year. But 9 wins seems like a very reasonable average target.

Also, the divisions fluctuate. East owned the league for years; right now that's shifted West. It'll swing back at some point when (if?) Carolina and Tennessee get it together plus Saban has to retire eventually.

That said, ought to be obvious that they have to get a coach who has proven successful with maximizing inferior talent. Morris has shown you can get Top 25 classes here, but you've got to maximize that to overcome the perennial Top 10 classes from the Big 3 + A&M. To me, that's Mike Leach first and foremost. There's others...Willie Fritz is one, but there's no way they're going to hire another AAC coach who has never won his division.

Maybe just gamble big and go with a particularly unproven guy who has big upside. Like say this Joe Brady guy that has made Ed Orgeron look like a genius. Hire him experienced coordinators and let him go forth and transform the team.

Or Josh Heupel. That'd be good too. Guy had an undefeated regular season after all and got an AAC team to within a touchdown of LSU. A lot better than any Arkansas coaches have done recently.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Michigan State would be dumb to fire Mark Dantonio.

He SHOULD be forced to wipe the slate clean on offense and hire a real coordinator. This old smash mouth shit don’t really work these days, unless you’ve got superior talent across the board. They clearly don’t have that.

Look at OU. Their offensive line play became soft in the late 2000s and early 2010s. People were ready to chase Stoops out after an underwhelming stretch from 2011-2014, culminating in that terrible 2014 season. A year later they had Lincoln Riley and never once looked back.

Michigan State isn’t OU but they’re far better than getting held to 10 points or less in 4 outings. Mike Yurcich is someone I’d check into.. that guy has never once (except for 2014) finished outside the top 20 of offensive S&P+. There were some pretty talent deficient offenses there too, with 2013 and 2015 having near non-existent running games.

Graham Harrell will get plucked eventually, might as well take a flyer on him. Anything but the atrocity they’ve got going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Dantonio HAD the chance to wipe the slate clean before this season. All he did was shuffle his boys into different coaching roles because he doesn’t want anybody new.

Ander1345

Loyalty to friends also is hurting Northwestern. Fitzy needs to make a change too at OC.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Michigan State would be dumb to fire Mark Dantonio.

He SHOULD be forced to wipe the slate clean on offense and hire a real coordinator. This old smash mouth shit don’t really work these days, unless you’ve got superior talent across the board. They clearly don’t have that.

Look at OU. Their offensive line play became soft in the late 2000s and early 2010s. People were ready to chase Stoops out after an underwhelming stretch from 2011-2014, culminating in that terrible 2014 season. A year later they had Lincoln Riley and never once looked back.

Michigan State isn’t OU but they’re far better than getting held to 10 points or less in 4 outings. Mike Yurcich is someone I’d check into.. that guy has never once (except for 2014) finished outside the top 20 of offensive S&P+. There were some pretty talent deficient offenses there too, with 2013 and 2015 having near non-existent running games.

Graham Harrell will get plucked eventually, might as well take a flyer on him. Anything but the atrocity they’ve got going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This all makes sense, but honestly the guy doesn’t seem like he gives a shit anymore.

Ander1345

Graham Harrell to MSU would be interesting, but don't you think he would probably choose a HC gig over another OC job?