• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

MLB 2023 Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They also have like the third-worst record in 1-run games in MLB history, and a similarly-historically low batting average with RISP. Plus they gave 100 year-old Rich Hill meaningful starts down the stretch
And they were 0-??? in extra innings lol. I think like 0-14 maybe? Lol

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That sounds historically unlucky
Definitely some bad luck involved. They hit tons of hard balls right at people. I mean almost a comical amount. I probably saw 130 games or so but also they obviously don’t have an overall good team approach at the plate. Whether it’s to be patient or be aggressive. Whatever. They always just seemed to be up there hacking. Not looking to take a walk or move someone over etc. I don’t know. Something is just off. Be it corching or chemistry or whatever.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Royals suck but we are still 2015 world shampions. Bobby Witt is amazing until hes offered a gajillion dollars to go elsewhere. And Cole Ragans is a man, flipping A-Roldis was great.

Added two more stadiums to my list (now at 9). Houston was meh but the Grill was great.

Plottys Fav Baseball Stadiums
  1. Milwaukee
  2. Grill in Texas
  3. Old KC Stadium (eff you John Sherman)
  4. Wrigley
  5. New Bush Stadium
  6. Twinkie stadium
  7. Houston choo choo
  8. Pale Hose ballbark
  9. Rocky Mountain Low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Royals suck but we are still 2015 world shampions. Bobby Witt is amazing until hes offered a gajillion dollars to go elsewhere. And Cole Ragans is a man, flipping A-Roldis was great.

Added two more stadiums to my list (now at 9). Houston was meh but the Grill was great.

Plottys Fav Baseball Stadiums
  1. Milwaukee
  2. Grill in Texas
  3. Old KC Stadium (eff you John Sherman)
  4. Wrigley
  5. New Bush Stadium
  6. Twinkie stadium
  7. Houston choo choo
  8. Pale Hose ballbark
  9. Rocky Mountain Low

1. PNC (undefeated world champ)
  2. Wrigley (never had a bad experience there)
  3. Camden Yards (gorgeous)
  4. Old Yankee Stadium (nostalgia, basically. was always filthy but you could feel the history)
  5. Fenway (went once, was cool but a miserable fan experience)
  6. Milwaukee (see below)
  7. Target (FUN)
  8. Kansas City (nice but too damn hot)
  9. Ballpark at Arlington (also nice but hotter than the surface of the sun)
  10. Three Rivers (total dump but great memories of going to games with high school buddies)
  11. Shea Stadium (no redeeming qualities whatsoever. nuke from orbit)

@Skeeter The shitty beer selection in Milwaukee made me so mad. I get it, Miller Park, so like 99% MIller products. But still. An absolute crime considering the beer culture in that town.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Why miserable fan experience for Fenway? Other than the seats being for 1920s sized humans, I've always had a good time. Concessions and beer are usually reasonably fast, bathrooms reasonably clear, good views from nearly anywhere in the concourse.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Why miserable fan experience for Fenway? Other than the seats being for 1920s sized humans, I've always had a good time. Concessions and beer are usually reasonably fast, bathrooms reasonably clear, good views from nearly anywhere in the concourse.

It was expensive as hell, for whatever reason it felt like I spent half the game in line for concessions, and while the seats are perfect for 1920's-humans & me they were not perfect for the land whale from Framingham who was spilling into my seat. I'm sure it would be better on another night, but when you've travelled & spent that much money a sub-par experience kind of sticks out in your mind.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
It was expensive as hell, for whatever reason it felt like I spent half the game in line for concessions, and while the seats are perfect for 1920's-humans & me they were not perfect for the land whale from Framingham who was spilling into my seat. I'm sure it would be better on another night, but when you've travelled & spent that much money a sub-par experience kind of sticks out in your mind.
That's fair, it's BAWSTON so it's always gonna be way too expensive. I think they went card only concessions 2 years ago, so if you went before that you were probably stuck behind BOOMERS counting their change. I've never had an issue recently, most I've had to wait is maybe 5 minutes.

I generally sit in my actual seat for like 2 innings and then just roam for the rest of the game.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Top tier:
Fenway
Petco
Dodgers
Giants
PNC
Yankees (RIP)

Mid tier:
Wrigley
Target
Citi
Milwaukee
Phillies
Skydome
Turner (RIP)

Shit Tier:
Arizona
Oakland
Anaheim

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
That's fair, it's BAWSTON so it's always gonna be way too expensive. I think they went card only concessions 2 years ago, so if you went before that you were probably stuck behind BOOMERS counting their change. I've never had an issue recently, most I've had to wait is maybe 5 minutes.

I generally sit in my actual seat for like 2 innings and then just roam for the rest of the game.

2014. I'd definitely go again if we make it out that way.

I forgot a few:

Veterans Stadium, Philly (FUN, as a middle-schooler. Also a dump. Distinct memory of seeing guys in the 700-level betting on whether the umps toss at the end of an inning would stay on the mound or roll off)

Jacobs Field, Cleveland (Unremarkable. Not sure what it's even called now)

SkyDome (meh, but saw Clemens pitch.)

Plotty

Tath Meacher

giphy.gif

Just an abysmal experience. I did have the kids in tow - but from poor stadium direction to generally not nice people to us - ruined the experience.

CJ_24

Honestly, really good jerb by A-Rod and the other guy on the home run call to shut up and let the crowd capture the moment