• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 17

NML

Looked at doing the Gareth Barry one and fucking Aston Villa players are going for 8k.

NML

Agreed. Got my ass handed to me with the ultimate hybrid challenge. Spent probably 20k and got complete shit - quick sold half of them and none went above 1.5k.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm working on a couple of the Liga NOS squad builder challenges that aren't blocked by price fixing. I got that in form striker, so I built a team around him that featured a lot of Benfica players. I'll play them out of contracts so I'm getting max value too. The cool part is that the chemistry rules are low enough that you can throw in a fair number of discard value cards at weird spots and still make it work without having to deal with the price fixed players. I'd probably make more coins just selling the players at their daily high BIN values, but I like opening packs that I've "won" fairly. I think I should be able to keep the cost below $6k and the reward is a premium gold players pack (3 rares and the rest non rare golds). With what even non rares go for, there's a solid chance that I'll be able to make my money's worth. Especially since I already extracted max value out of the players by using their contracts.

The real opportunity here though is trading, I think the SBCs have really done a nice job of adding some interesting twists to the market. It definitely gives an incentive to hold onto random shitty cards instead of quick selling them. I think if you spend some time buying whatever currently non price fixed useful players for these Liga NOS and MLS challenges (and I assume more leagues will be coming) then you can list them overnight and make a handsome profit whenever the price fixers get back on them. Thta's the thing about price fixing non-rares, the supply is so high that it is basically impossible to keep them fixed constantly.

Honestly, don't quick sell ANYONE. If they won't sell for at least $500, just keep them in ur club and eventually they'll be useful in some dumb challenge.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Yeah I'm not even doing that one, lol. It's for a gold pack - you'll definitely spend more than 5k to do it. Just buy the pack instead.
Yeah I found that out the hard way, but I'm invested now so feel I have to finish.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
Yeah I'm not even doing that one, lol. It's for a gold pack - you'll definitely spend more than 5k to do it. Just buy the pack instead.

I think its actually for a gold players pack. 12 players, all gold, 1 rare. a lot more then 5k i bet. considering the high prices of even the regular gold cards sometimes, I can definitely see it having a chance being worth it. anytime you have a guaranteed rare gold player draw I view that as a decent pack to take a risk on getting.

NML

I think its actually for a gold players pack. 12 players, all gold, 1 rare. a lot more then 5k i bet. considering the high prices of even the regular gold cards sometimes, I can definitely see it having a chance being worth it. anytime you have a guaranteed rare gold player draw I view that as a decent pack to take a risk on getting.

I'd swear it was a gold pack yesterday when I went to do it.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Yeah I just did one of the ones with Min team 77, min Chem 70, at least 4 unique leagues and fucked it all up for a gold pack. Was a waste of time and coins.

jdlikewhoa

I put together the sweatiest BPL fitness squad I could afford and have scored more goals in 3 games than I have in 20 games with my primary squad.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
Then you get some 77 OVR shiny gold BUM

Probably, but its the only type of card that can potentially yield alot of profit.

I've gotten fairly lucky with pack luck i think. Nobody huge and no special cards, but almost all of the SBC challenges I've done have either made me profit or at least gotten me my coins back.

NML

Into the semi's in my first attempt. Last dude I played was legit but we were lethal on the counter.

NML

Okay so the restrictions for this weekend are a max of 6 from the same league in ur starting 11 (also a minimum of 90 chemistry) - so the Serie A team I used to qualify won't work (not at least as they are currently built). I also have an Argentina NT squad, but it's very average offensively. TOWT Benedetto and Acuna with Lamela up top. Does have Pastore and Pereyra in the midfield. Backline is just okay.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I also qualified on penalties (both semi and final). Penalties are funny as shit this year, I just stand in the center and watch people fuck up. I usually am good to place 4/5 in unstoppable land, so that should be my strategy.

Reactions: NML

NML

Read a bit on the previous weekend leagues - doesn't seem to be anything new. Lots of "park the bus" and counter teams.

After sleeping on it, I think I'm going to run with the Argentina team. Maybe mess around with the midfield a bit since I could be held to long shots more often.

I could sell everyone and try and build a better team, but I'm getting my ass kicked either way, I'm sure.

chibob

I haven't managed to qualify yet but apparently its a conservative, park the bus sweat fest.

NML

TOWT4 announced - Arnautovic would be such a boss at left wing for me, but I'm sure he'll be outrageously priced.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

This is hilarious. Also as to what @chibob has been saying the difference between 30 pace and 90 pace is the least it's ever been.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

This is hilarious. Also as to what @chibob has been saying the difference between 30 pace and 90 pace is the least it's ever been.

Yeah, pace is modeled much more realistically I think. If a player is running while actively dribbling, they are significantly slower than players without the ball. You have to knock the ball on to really separate from a slower player, and that obviously only works in the open field.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the other thing is that small/weak fast players are such trash compared to what they used to be a few years ago. Case in point being MUSA, as I've played with him a fair amount since I received an untraceable version and I've played against him a ton because he's cheapish BPL fast guy. He's so weak that every CB in the game can just maul him (and not get called for it). Even if he has a step on a a CB and the CB pulls him down from behind, it usually isn't called.

To me, strength/physical is now the #1 most important attribute, then pace. I can handle a slow player as long as they are strong enough on the ball to shrug off a mauling, but fast players who are small/weak just get murdered and are borderline useless (unless they are a wing player where there is a little more space to maneuver)

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Man, those CSKA teams with Doumbia, Musa, and Tosic were unreal. 4* with 2 of the fastest players in the game, a great crosser/winger, and add in Honda, Wernbloom, and Elm behind them and it was just ridiculous. They'd probably be next to useless now given the nerfing of pace, dribbling, and relatively difficulty of just getting a long shot off.

chibob

Yeh I think I said that a while back. A high pace player doesnt seem to be as quick as they use, but with that being said a Musa or Rashford with a hunter chem card is just un-catchable.

chibob

TOWT4 announced - Arnautovic would be such a boss at left wing for me, but I'm sure he'll be outrageously priced.

That card is unreal.

Also glad I picked up a Valencia card the other night.

So @Travis7401 would you recommend buying the normal card version of those players?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
right now? definitely not, lol. Now is the time to sell the normal card version if you have them.

Supply and Command, king bob. Supply of the normal versions is temporarily depressed as they aren't in packs this week and command is high, because people want to try those players out since they are IF (to see if it is worth buying the IF).

Astronaut-cock was going for like 3,500 BIN the last few days, sitting at like 4,600 now. Highest he's been at for weeks, definitely don't want to be buying.

Last edited:

NML

Yeah that's a whole section of investment. One of the FUT sites has a prediction tool, I think.

NML

I ran some last night with my Argentina squad on online seasons (D7) and got destroyed. I think I went like 1-2-3 or something. Switched to the Serie A team, ran the table, and got promoted.

I don't think that team will even have a shot this weekend. It's served it's purpose as a fitness squad, but I think it's time to liquidate.

Even doing that, I'm probably only around 80k in coins, so that's not really enough to put together an entire team that can compete. I have a solid core, just think I need to add a few pieces. The issue is getting them all to work - I think this is what I'll put out there in the end:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1187451/

Need to buy Nainggolan (but he'll fit in nicely on the Serie A team too), Krychowiak, Lucas, Sokratis, and Piszcek. Assuming I can get 10 games in between now and then, everyone will be at 10 chem besides Krychowiak. I can get him to 8 with a manager and loyalty + position change, and I think that's as good as it'll get.

That's a pretty good team, doe. One that can hang with almost anyone. My main concern is that I have twinks out wide. Mertens has done well for me, but even he gets pushed off the ball more than I'd like.

NML

Quick math on what that team will cost:

Lucas: 7k
Sokratis: 10k
Krychowiak: 3k
Piszcek: 12k
Nainggolan: 65k

Total: 97k

Fuck, Nainggolan is expensive. Looks like a beast doe

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What's the coins to dollar ratio right now?

NML

Quick math on what that team will cost:

Lucas: 7k
Sokratis: 10k
Krychowiak: 3k
Piszcek: 12k
Nainggolan: 65k

Total: 97k

Fuck, Nainggolan is expensive. Looks like a beast doe

Came in under budget on everyone, but still wasn't enough to afford Nainggolan. Could sell off everything and buy him, but I'd rather not do that for one weekend (also not sure how much I'll get to play this weekend due to my jerb). Spent 29k to round out the squad with the above names, but went with Khedira in midfield, who I already have. He's basically Nainggolan but slower. With Krychowiak and Pastore, I'm kinda slow in midfield, which worries me a bit if I face a team that combines quickly on the counter - although that is a pretty rare breed online.

If it's a high press, push everyone up squad, I'll sit 7 behind the ball and let my front three do the work offensively, and my midfield is good defensively. If it's a park the bus team, I'll push numbers forward and my slow midfield won't matter.

@Travis7401 what are you rolling with for this weekend?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I just built something around the IFs I picked up this week. I really like Diogo Jota and I really liked Eder from my first cheap non rare Portugal squad. Then Veloso is one of the best technical holding mids I've used. Quaresma and Rafa both have 4 star weak foot and good dribbling/passing. I'm not sure about Rafa since he's so weak, might use him as a 70th minute super sub. If I did that I'd try this BEBE dude who is lower rated but has good physical stats. Joao Mario is also an option at RM and he's stronger than queresma too.

Defense is the real weakness, but the've got pretty decent pace/strength and I can't afford Pepe. I've got Danny, a couple other wingers, and Daniel Perreira on the bench along with a swapped out defense that uses Liga NOS guys and a different keeper and keep it right at 6 players from that league.
30220020221_a83a6233fa_b.jpg

I'll probably get killed.

Reactions: NML