• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Pop's interviews after a bad loss are the best ever. When he retires it's gonna suck

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Ginobili definitely flopped some but jesus he threw his arm into him how do you not call something lol

Dumb

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Not only did waiters bump ginobli, he also jumped on the inbounds throw. Which I don't believe is legal after the dead ball, I think you can only move after a made basket.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ginobili definitely flopped some but jesus he threw his arm into him how do you not call something lol

Dumb
This is one instance where the flop doesnt matter. Cant touchy da opponents when you're throwing the ball in. That's like off the scale dumb. It's so ridiculous that he did that, the ref didnt believe that his eyes just witnessed something of that caliber of stupid.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Ginobili also stepped on the boundary before the contact. Is that a violation? I keep seeing that it's a technical, but I have no idear.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Terrible no call

I believe the call is a violation because he made contact with someone that was in bounds.

I have my book but I'm too lazy to get it

Man Aldridge is easily the mvp of these playoffs so far. Dude is locked in

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ginobili also stepped on the boundary before the contact. Is that a violation? I keep seeing that it's a technical, but I have no idear.
Idk if thats a tech but it's a violation and a reset for sure. We got one warning but im not sure if da league gives those

Reel

Community Liaison
If it's the first time, it's a delay of game warning. If any player of the team does it again, it's a technical foul.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
It's a technical to throw your arm into someone when inbounding, so yeah

Ginobili was definitely in legal position.

Reel

Community Liaison
To say the spurs played so poorly in the beginning, OKC shouldn't be feeling too good about this game.

The usual suspects came to play, but there are still too many instances when other players can't make any meaningful contribution

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
To say the spurs played so poorly in the beginning, OKC shouldn't be feeling too good about this game.

The usual suspects came to play, but there are still too many instances when other players can't make any meaningful contribution
How could you not feel at your best after a win due to that ending? Confidence all time highs

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OKC's defense did have a little to do with the Spurs playing so poorly, doe. Only Golden State had beaten them in San Antonio until tonight, so the Rhudner should be feeling at least okay if not good, even if they played dumb as fuck down the stretch.

Reel

Community Liaison
Waiters also committed a violation when he left the ground to pass the ball

I got up and checked my book

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I would think the Ginobili delay of game would negate both the jump and the elbow, if the refs had to call something. Westbrook had his jersey untucked from behind by a Spurs player as well, and that didn't get called, either. And the Spurs' machine of an offense had more than once chance to score, anyway, and didn't.

Basically everything turned out just fine.

EDIT: apparently crossing the boundary on an inbounds pass in the last two minutes of the game is an automatic technical

Last edited:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Spurs fan grabbing Steven Adams' arm trying to keep him from getting back on the court in the last couple of seconds:

lmao

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
And isn't Waiters entitled to 3 feet, rather than -2 inches?

Per Fox Sports:

Technically speaking, the NBA rulebook doesn't prohibit an inbounder from shoving a defender, most likely because the halo rule should be enforced and the inbounder shouldn't be able to reach the defender —€” but in this scenario, it happened. Can you whistle an inbounder for an offensive foul? It's a paradoxical mess. Technically speaking, the only rule Waiters broke was that he left the ground to inbound the ball.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
My only issue with the whole sequence is waiters comment after the game.

Waiters said he was too "caught up in the game" to notice whether a violation occurred.

"I really don't know what happened, to be honest," he said.

"Hopefully, they're going to look at it and see he stepped out," Waiters said. "Should have been a tech, too. When they look at it, they'll see the truth. We played on. They got the ball back. We got a hell of a stop."

Don't be a bitch and cop out of "I don't know what happened" if you're gonna go after what someone else did. Just say "I elbowed a bitch cause he was on the line"

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I agree with that. That would have been the right answer. "I shoved him because the refs let him get too close."

But, it's fucking Dion Waiters, so...

Reel

Community Liaison
I would think the Ginobili delay of game would negate both the jump and the elbow, if the refs had to call something. Westbrook had his jersey untucked from behind by a Spurs player as well, and that didn't get called, either. And the Spurs' machine of an offense had more than once chance to score, anyway, and didn't.

Basically everything turned out just fine.

EDIT: apparently crossing the boundary on an inbounds pass in the last two minutes of the game is an automatic technical
Re: your edit

That's for the defense right? If the inbounder does it, the defense has a right to make a play on the ball

Reel

Community Liaison
What's the call on that, @Reel ?

Thudner in 4
It's an ejection for the fan. No penalty towards the team.

Had something happened that's had a direct effect on the play, I believe you put back any time that may have run off and re inbound the ball.

Reel

Community Liaison
Re: waiters

Ginobli can get as close to the line as he possibly can provided be retains a vertical position and doesn't cross the line with any part of his body.

Now, this is the gray area part because you have to determine his intent. If he just kinda steps on the line, you might be willing to let it go, but if he just straight up steps on/over the line to cause dion to panic, then you must call that even if it has an impact on the final sequence of the game

Last edited: