• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Tailback U

Warriors played their best game of the series and barely won at home. OKC too good. Don't like the dubs chances on the road. Will me surprised if they can bring it back home for game 7.

evil1

For Golden State to win game 6, I think they primarily need to do two things.

First, they need to play better transition defense. In the blowout wins in OKC, the Thunder were able to overwhelm Golden State with their energy and get a lot of easy baskets. Golden state needs to have multiple defenders back to prevent the easy path to the lane before the shot and it also means limiting the number of dumb turnovers which start the fast break in the first place.

Secondly, I think Golden State needs to decide whether they are going to make Westbrook and Durant be the ones who beat them, or if they they are going to make the other guys beat them. Personally, I would try to prevent the supporting players from getting involved. The winner of the game is probably going to have to get around 110 pts, so I would "let" Westbrook and Durant get around 30 pts each and gamble on the rest of the team not being able to make up the difference. If Westbrook or Durant drop 40 to 45 pts each, then tip your hat to them and come back next year.

Bucksin04

Secondly, I think Golden State needs to decide whether they are going to make Westbrook and Durant be the ones who beat them, or if they they are going to make the other guys beat them. Personally, I would try to prevent the supporting players from getting involved. The winner of the game is probably going to have to get around 110 pts, so I would "let" Westbrook and Durant get around 30 pts each and gamble on the rest of the team not being able to make up the difference. If Westbrook or Durant drop 40 to 45 pts each, then tip your hat to them and come back next year.

This is how I felt Cleveland should take on Toronto. Limit DeRozan and Lowry to 50 points combined, trust that Kyrie and LeBron can score 50 themselves, and count on the rest of Love/Frye/JR/Bench to outscore the rest of the Raptors.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
That always seems easier said than done though. What does it really mean to let KD and RUSS get theirs and lock down everyone else?

They can't keep Adams and Kanter off the glass, this incarnation of Waiters can get his own shot, Serge shoots high percentages from bad percentage spots, etc.

Especially because slacking off on RUSS means he's going to spend the whole game at the rim with Ibaka, Kanter, and/or Adams anyway.

evil1

Part of the reason why Adams and Kanter have been so good on the glass is because Westbrook and Durant have been drawing the extra defender to them, even if it just a couple of feet. That gives Adams and Kanter the space they need to get into rebounding position. So by "letting" KD and RUSS get theirs, that means for the most part letting them take their defenders one on one while the defenders on everyone else stay at home.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
For Golden State to win game 6, I think they primarily need to do two things.

First, they need to play better transition defense. In the blowout wins in OKC, the Thunder were able to overwhelm Golden State with their energy and get a lot of easy baskets. Golden state needs to have multiple defenders back to prevent the easy path to the lane before the shot and it also means limiting the number of dumb turnovers which start the fast break in the first place.

Well the Warriors have very much made it about the other guys beating them. KD is shooting 43% and Russ 41%. Roberson/Waiters are 14-28 from 3 range because they've left both open a ton. SERGE has been left open a lot.

The main problem with this strategy is RUSS has cut out a lot of awful shots and turnovers... seems like something has clicked with him in the SA series.

Warriors can't turn it over with dumbass plays as much. They've given away 5-6 possessions a game on just stupid and pointless turnovers. They've done that a lot of games this year but the margin for error is a lot thinner with all the extra boards OKC gets. They also need Klay/Curry to simply be better and Bogut to get shot up again. All of those things happen, they might have a chance tomorrow night.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Cleveland gonna punch there Finals ticket tonight.

OKC has to rebound and take care of the ball better tomorrow night. Waiters was completely ineffective last night; Morrow somewhat made up for it with 10 points, although he's not as physical on defense or as much of a creator on offense as Waiters is at his best. Bogut staying out of foul trouble and grabbing offensive boards kept rhubarb from getting out in transition. GS also adjusted to Roberson's involvement well. So far, Donovan has been a step ahead of Kerr for the most part, and he'll have to do it again tomorrow. Toby Keith's I Love This Basketball Arena is gonna be insane, doe. Wish I could be there, but even scalping a Loud City ticket after the game starts is well above $100.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He definitely on the down low. Well, was.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
meta as fuuuuuuck

ES9zkqY.jpg

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Man that's a lot of energy in that building. Interesting to see if they start calling fouls in the paint eventually.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
rhubarb needs to do more than just drive to basket. drive right at bogut/green/whomever and draw contact. DUBS getting a lot of open looks so far but they're not falling, luckily. OKC needs to be smarter on defense.

sayo

YEET
Barnes out there dribbling with his head down. Missed a wide open Klay in the corner a few possessions ago.